As a Long Island web resource in the area and across the nation, we love keeping up to date with the latest in the design world. After all, it is our job.
One of the most recent trends concerns minimalist design, which brings a simple approach to the table. A recent post was published by Huffington Post on how businesses can work towards a minimalist design, which we will follow and give our thoughts on as well:
- Keep it Simple: Reminiscent of responsive design, keeping your site free of much custom effects/animations can lend to a site that is successful on different browsers and devices. We would suggest incorporating a responsive flavor to it anyways, so there is that cross-platform appeal.
- Clear and Concise Message: Is your message clear? Can the visitor immediately see your message – within the text and the design?
- Say No to Distractions: Advertisements and popups have no place in a minimalist design. They will add to clutter, the very thing you’re trying to avoid with this type of approach.
- Define Your Brand: The post offers a good suggestion – defining your brand in an aesthetically pleasing way, without “plastering it on every page of your site.” This is where a great web design company comes into play!
- Embrace Color: The Huffington Post knocks the misconception of a black and white color palette – and for good reason. Your website can incorporate a healthier palette, must they can’t be too overbearing.
- Defy Convention: Minimalist sites can take the beaten path. There is plenty of room for experimentation, to get that “wow” factor.
Interested in minimalist design? Contact us to learn how we can implement this strategy to turn heads for your site.